Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer So Far

Jonah's first "double-digits" birthday!!! Happy 10th, Jonah!!!
The boys building LEGOS. Carleigh is probably looking up a recipe.
Guitar lessons with Geoff.
Swimming with friends and lots of stories to tell.
Of course, air soft wars!!!

"The summer night is like a perfection of thought." -- Wallace Stevens

Even though I come into summer missing the together times around the fireplace cuddling, talking, or reading, I forget all that summer brings.....The longer days, the walks in the neighborhood (where we take up the whole street, kick the soccer ball, talk, reflect on the day), homemade ice cream (made yummy peach this week), swimming, several birthdays (at our house), no routine, days where you can actually ask, "What are we going to do today?" or not, and lots of spontaneous moments where you just decide to do something new and different. There is so much more, but you tell me....what is your favorite part of summer?

1 comment:

Emily Suzanne said...

My favorite part of summer are the long days and swimming!
it's too hot to go outside in SA this summer, but usually the evenings outside and the grill!
How are you, Diana?
Did you get rid of your FB? I can't find you anymore :(
I want to ask you more questions!!!
about eating healthy and some EASY, quick recipes to make at the end of the day when your all worn out!
I need energy!~