Saturday, July 26, 2008

Movie Night

Last night, we watched a movie we had never seen....An Unfinished Life.  As Emi said later, "It was so true to life."  Yes, by which, she means that you could see that it would really happen just the way it did in the movie.  It was good...about anger and forgiveness, fears and confronting them, standing up for what is right, relationships in all their ugliness and beauty, understanding another's pain, etc.  There was a quote at the end of the movie that I wrote down...I liked it.  I thought that I would share it....

Einer (Robert Redford):  Do you think the dead really care about our lives?

Mitch (Morgan Freeman):  Yeah, I think they do, I think they forgive us our sins, I think it is even easy for them.

Einer:  Grif said that you had a dream about flying.

Mitch:  Yeah, Einer, I got so high I could even see where the blue turns to black, from up there you could see all there is, and it looked like there was a reason for everything.

Perspective!!!  Beautiful.  

4 comments:

Emileigh Latham said...

It was a good movie. Nice choice Mommy.

Emily Suzanne said...

oohh! I love this and haven't ever seen that movie either.
Gonna have to see it!
Also, love that quote at the top!

Carleigh said...

Okay when did you watch this. I want to see it too. You didn't even tell me about it:( Its okay I love you:)

Emileigh Latham said...

I love you!!!!