Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Noah, Noah-Constrictor, Noah-Nator, SuperNoah.....12 years old!!!

Loves children and plays great with them...encourages them to make smart choices. Told a boy in the neighborhood that if he would just apologize to his sister, everything would go easier. The boy did apologize!!!!
Loves to play soccer, is a leader, expects a lot from himself and encourages it from others. They had a really bad practice one time and coach was telling them how dissappointed he was. Noah said, "Coach, how about if we ask for 10 more minutes from our parents and we end on a good note." Coach said, "Don't worry about asking....that is a great idea....let's just do it!"
Hard working....always ready to jump up and help....except maybe during Sat. Morning cartoons! Other than that.....a willing learner and worker.
So compassionate and giving. Carleigh was having a hard morning her first morning away for a ballet summer workshop....Noah called her and played a board game with her over the phone. They rolled and moved for her. So sweet!!!
Best Buddies with brother, Jonah, but he loves his whole family with a servant heart, encouraging words, and wisdom beyond his years.
We celebrated Noah's birthday this week. One of my favorite things about the kids that I have been blessed to raise is that they are sooo supportive of each other and REALLY like each other. Noah really likes strategy games, soccer, building things, playing the piano and guitar, airsoft or paintball wars, laughing out loud!!!, and ever since he was a baby, he has had an easy smile. I love it that he knows that I like company when I run errands....so, he goes with me. I like it that he can hear a story and connect it to Truth. I like it that he loves God and shares that in just practicle, every day ways. I am sure there is sooo much more to be said about a Universe (Papa says that we are each universes and it will take a lifetime to discover them), but I will stop for now and look forward to writing about the next Universe on their birthday.

Don't forget to keep discovering the universes around you.....people grow, they change, they learn new things.....become a good question asker of those around you.....you might be surprised the new things you learn.

5 comments:

Carleigh said...

You did a great job describing Noah!!
I was like; "yep.....yesss...oh yeah that's Noah" through the whole thing:)

carla's gateway said...

We love that little "universe"... Happy birthday wonderful Godson! You are a treasure that we lift before the LORD that we both serve and love! He has invested wisely and completely in you, Noah Latham! We are honored to have been chosen to "connect" with you. Happy NEW YEAR! (an Elly b'day word)

jessica said...

Happy Birthday Noah! What a great brother...the part about playing a game with Carleigh over the phone was sooooo sweet. I think I started to tear up. Of course, I have been a little more weepy than normal these days...

Miss you guys! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

Emileigh Latham said...

You are awesome, Noah!!! I am so glad that I have the privilege to be your sister. You are so cool.

P.S. Great job Mommy. The post was really good.

Emily Suzanne said...

Aww! Happy Birthday Noah! I wish i could live closer to you guys so I could know him like family!
He sounds like an incredible son, you must be so proud!
I pray for my kids to grow up to be such caring individuals one day!