Thursday, February 19, 2009

Blessed are you when....

"You're blessed when your commitment to God provokes persecution. The persecution drives you even deeper into God's kingdom." The Message

As part of our bible study this week, Papa had the children re-write one of the Beatitudes in their own words. I thought that I would share a few of their re-writes. I am going to start with Jonah's (9). He re-wrote the above passage.
"To be strong when you believe in God and you climb the mountain; the spiders may bite, the lizards may sting, but thank God for it."
I liked how Jonah put the persecution in terms of a nine-year old....who likes spiders and lizards to bite and sting? Whatever form the persecution comes, we can be thankful, for it drives us deeper into God's kingdom.
I'll share another one in the next post. Thanks.

4 comments:

Elly Doran said...

Thanks for sharing Diana! Persecution is NOT fun, but knowing you are in the Lord's presence through it is amazing!

Emileigh Latham said...

Jonah did a great job!
I had a lot of fun working on this project.
Plus, I like your new look, Mommy!

jessica said...

That's a really good assignment, and I like the Jonah traslation!

I like the changes you've made to your site, too!

carla's gateway said...

you are such an amazingly creative family! thank you for sharing more than your words.... always!