Ever our imaginative child, he can live and play in "made up" worlds for hours. I know that he has a lot of friends that we have never met!!! He is working on a story with Big Sisters Emi and Carleigh writing at the computer. It is a fantasy book. They both say that it is really good. He told me that the dad in the story dies and that it was very sad. I said, "Well, you are the writer, you can change that" and he said, "No, that is the way the story goes." Wow!!!
His best bud is Noah. God is amazing how He has brought the gift of "opposite" to my kids. Emi and Carleigh are opposites and have learned how to love each other and understand each other. They communicate so interestingly! The boys are the same.....exact opposites. It is daily stretching, interesting, and fun. They expand each other's world, while they also frustrate each other's world. Makes life interesting and helps bring maturity.
Jonah likes to play soccer and more specifically, goalie. He doesn't like to play soccer for the same reasons as Noah. Noah likes to play because of the leadership, strategy, and skills required. Jonah likes to play, because it is fun! He just has a great time. He also enjoys desserts, animals, reading, and a good movie. A skill that he is just developing is the drums. If the kids get a band together, he is going to be the drummer! He also loves to give gifts. He will find something that he owns that he thinks will bring the other person joy and give it away. So sweet!
Finally, it is sweet watching the Lord move in Jonah's life. I am thankful for J. asking the Lord into his life, the sweetness of the Spirit and how He displayed Himself and finally, for Jonah's baptism. Precious moments through the years. Yet, just as with all of God's great works, it continues and Jonah's maturity and giftedness will continue to grow and bless the world. So thankful for the differences and uniqueness of people. Even as I write this, I think of all the ways that parents and even grandparents see the specialness of the kids in their lives. They ARE ALL special. Yet, they make up one beautiful bride. Jonah will add to the bride: humor, compassion, creativity, generosity, spontaneity and FUN.
Love you Jonah!! And in his own words, "Because I am your favorite!" ;)
2 comments:
I love watching that video. I had seen it before on facebook, and I watched it several times to see all their faces, like you said. You guys are so great!
I love our Jojo. He is going to be a great big little brother. ;]
Post a Comment