Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Carleigh, Carls, Baby Girl, Sassy!!!

Carleigh is 15 today!!! Very excited for her. She is really looking forward to starting to drive this year. I am not surprised. She has always been quite shy and the one who would hang back or speak last or not at all, but she is a go-getter. She has not been afraid to try things and most often when she tries them, she succeeds at them. When ballet became too stressful this year, we encouraged her to try some things that provide her with a bubble....that puts her in a world of her own. She decided to try sketching and guess what? She can draw faces so beautifully and that has branched out into other works of art. Awesome. That led to baking, piano, guitar and it turns out that she is good at all these things. She comes at them slowly and methodically, but the end result is delicious, beautiful and VERY Carleigh.
She loves coffee (even though Grandma says she is too young), she loves being the baby girl of the family, and she knows how to slip in a funny moment or one-liner that cracks us all up. Some of her other loves are peanut butter, lots and lots of fruit, Sudoku, reading, watching movies, most things Asian (she wants to adopt little Asian girls) and just being with her family. We sat around the coffee shop last night telling Carleigh some of the ways that we would like to "praise" her. These are some words used....desserts, brave, achiever, lives THE MESSAGE, Overcomer of the giants in her life. So thankful for our quiet, sassy, servant who loves her LORD and loves to explore the world He puts before her.

Carleigh is most often known for her ballet, but as you can see, she is so much more. These are just a few of the pics that I found to speak about Baby girl.



3 comments:

Diana Latham said...

Thanx mom. You are sooo sweet. Your B-awesome! Thank you for everything you have done for me. I wouldn't be able to do all that I do without you. You are a super fantastic mother and I have LOVED being your daughter. I luv you! MORE! ;D

choral_composer said...

Awesome pics of an awesome young woman!!!

Happy Happy Birthsday Carleigh!!!!!

carla's gateway said...

THERE is no one in the world who loves like a MOM! Thanks Diana for a lovely view of a lovely lady.. told her HB on FB... but glad to have the chance here to... June is coming and I know we have 5 bdays... as your family does that month proud too! Happy birthday to your JuneB's.... hugs to all!