Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Just today!!!



Quiet now, but earlier...the heavens were rumbling.  I opened my eyes somewhere between six and seven and the color coming in my window was ORANGE!!!  I ran to grab my camera!!!!  Yes, I hadn't seen the sky yet, but I knew it was going to be gorgeous.  After grabbing the camera, I ran out the front door, but I couldn't go far....lightning, but WOW!!!  God had wrapped everything in orange.  I first thought of my husband....he loves orange.  Then, I remembered that it was Natalee's birthday and wishing she could see this beautiful sky.  Between the two pics that I took...there was a lightning flash...I missed it....my dad wouldn't have.  I did.  But....I also started singing the praise and worship song...God of wonders beyond our galaxy....YOU ARE HOLY.  HE IS....."I AM".  Aren't you glad???  

So many happenings in our family....I know that I haven't taken the time to reflect enough on them.  I need to....I am going to.  We celebrated Natalee's commissioning in Atlanta (Hotlanta) and she is now a lieutenant in the Salvation Army.  It was a special time.  She was chosen to represent her class and speak at the commissioning service.  She spoke to 5000 people and blew them away.  

We also celebrated Jonah's 9th birthday while there.  He had a great time.  Nat and Leo found a great putt putt place called Pirate's Cove and we all golfed and sweated...fortunately, we had a great pool and went and cooled down afterwards.  It was a great time...he felt celebrated.  

I also have had a birthday....#45.  Numbers...we live so much of our lives with numbers....grocery shopping, paying bills, the date, the channel on the tv, addresses, phone numbers, time.....  I was reading about simplicity this week and it was talking about how everything is a gift from Him...we don't have to acquire it, He is responsible to take care of it, and it is to be shared.  Today is a gift and all that we have is from Him, we may work, but that is not why we work...He provides all we have.  He is responsible for all He has given us....we can be free of anxiety as we trust Him to take care of it.  Finally, it is to be shared...to benefit the body.  All the numbers in our lives or the things they represent...money, homes, people on the other end of the line, time....my hope is that we remember to be thankful for the gifts they represent, anxiety free for He is taking care, and we share them for the benefit of Him and His body.  

Praise Him...the Ancient of Days, the Great I AM, and The Holy of Holies.

5 comments:

Emileigh Latham said...

Beautiful pic and words, Mommy.
We had such fun, sweating it out in that Pirate Cove and in Hotlanta.
I love you.

carla's gateway said...

I praise the HOLY OF HOLIES for the gift of you Diana Latham... by the way... I think the lightning stretched from your view of the heavens into mine....NOW is that cool or what? yeah for orange.

the lowe down... said...

The fiery orange woke me up too that morning!!! I LOVED IT! I bet we were both standing in awe about the same time that beautiful morning. What a beautiful, creative God we serve. Love you sweet lady!

Carleigh said...

I love the post. I love the way you write everything.
I love you mommy
smm

Emily Suzanne said...

GORGEOUS SKY!! Definitely west texas!