Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Emileigh, Em, Emi, Memmie, Memzie....17 years old.

Emi turned 17 this week!! Thinking about Emi, she is not a typical teenager. Whether that is good or bad, I can't say, but she is just Emi! She is a beautiful older sister to her younger siblings. She plays with, laughs with, encourages, goes to their games and performances, assists in teaching them, and just loves them. She spends hours in her room listening to God, writing, reading, or just dreaming. She is very creative and imaginative. She laughs easy and can memorize whole sections of movies and act them back to us. Some of her loves are horses, coffee, good books, playing Halo with her brothers, and good conversations at a coffee shop. She plays the piano beautifully.....I am not sure that it is a love of hers, but she has worked hard, committed to it, and is preparing for a Sr. recital next year!!! Awesome. She is a writer....stories live in her. She knows people that I will only meet if she gets a book writen. She talks about these characters as friends....very mysterious and cool. She is very good at seeing her weaknesses and seeks to improve them. She is kind of shy, but if you get to know her, you will find this deep well of courage, strength, and wisdom. I am so thankful that she has stepped out into things that she was afraid to try, but did anyway. I am thankful that she has not changed herself to try and fit in. I am thankful that she loves Jesus and seeks to be a vessel for Him to live through. She is a peaceful, creative, thoughtful presence in our family. I am thankful for her!!

2 comments:

Emily Suzanne said...

She's so beautiful!! I can't believe she's so grown up! That is definitely one thing I've noticed about Emileigh since I've re-met her... she's so peaceful and sweet and full of imagination!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

carla's gateway said...

I too am thankful for the spirit that lives in her! Happy birthday beautiful girl! bring on those "stories" from the storehouse of your heart!